They also eat plenty of RAW milk, cream, cheese, farm- fresh eggs, liver, meat, seafood, and other nutrient-dense foods that have nourished generations of healthy people worldwide!
Come and learn more about the foods that support radiant health for your family.
Make sure you are present at this event!
SAVE THE DATE: Febuary 21, 2015
Presented by the Weston A. Price Foundation westonaprice.org
Sally Fallon Morell, author of Nourishing Traditions and president of the Weston A. Price Foundation, will be offering an all day seminar on February 21, 2015 in Brandywine, Maryland. (Let me know if you need a ride.)
The day will include two talks*,a nutrient dense lunch and interesting exhibitors.
Details to follow on location, time, registration and a reasonable price.
*Seminar on Traditional Diets
Animal fats, properly prepared whole grains, enzyme-enriched foods and nourishing bone broths kept our ancestors healthy. Sally Fallon Morell, author of Nourishing Traditions, explains why these are vital factors for maintaining good health today. Beginning with a presentation of Dr. Weston Price’s unforgettable photographs of healthy traditional peoples, Ms. Fallon Morell explains the underlying factors in a variety of traditional diets, which conferred beauty, strength and complete freedom from disease on so-called primitive populations. Then she presents a step-by-step plan to put nourishing traditional foods—foods that your family will actually eat—back into your diet, including easy breakfast cereals, soups, sauces, snack foods, high-enzyme condiments and soft drinks that are actually good for you.
- Butter, the number one health food;
- The vital role of high-cholesterol foods;
- Why lowfat and vegan diets don’t work;
- The amazing powers of raw whole milk from pasture-fed cows;
- The dangers of modern soy foods and soy infant formula;
- The conspiracy to promote vegetable oils and hydrogenated fats;
- Foods that help babies grow up smart and strong;
- Old-fashioned foods that give limitless energy and vibrant health; and,
- The unfortunate consequences of modern farming methods.
This seminar is highly recommended for both laymen and health professionals new to the work of the Weston A. Price Foundation and makes an excellent introduction to the main conference speakers.
- Part I: Introduction to the work of Dr. Price and discussion of the underlying characteristics of healthy traditional diets.
- Part II: Fats and oils in traditional diets. Learn about the basics of lipid biochemistry and how to choose good fats and avoid the bad.
- Part III: How to change your diet for the better. Practical advice for busy parents including easy recipes for snacks, soups, breakfasts, desserts and enzyme-enriched beverages and condiments.
*The Oiling of America
The Oiling of America presents the history of the diet-heart phyothesis, exposes behind-the-scenes manipulation and industry propaganda, reveals the vital role of cholesterol and saturated fats in human biochemistry, enumerates the considerable dangers of cholesterol-lowering drugs and explains how a return to old fashioned animal fats can help us solve a health crisis that threatens the very fabric of the civilized world.
Sally Fallon Morell, MA
is founding president of the Weston A Price Foundation and founder of A Campaign for Real Milk. Mrs. Fallon Morell lectures extensively around the world on issues of health and nutrition. She is a prolific writer of numerous articles and books and serves as editor of Wise Traditions, the quarterly journal of the Weston A. Price Foundation. In 1996, Mrs. Fallon Morell published the best-selling Nourishing Traditions (with Mary G. Enig, PhD), the cookbook that launched her career in alternative health. Visit her website at www.newtrendspublishing.com.