GLUTEN-FREE, DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
* Recipe ‘revised’ from Civilized Caveman Cooking
- 2 cups of almond butter (or use sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, macadamia nut butter or a mixture to total 2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raw organic honey (melted) or Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Raw Cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup ‘Enjoy Life’ (soy & dairy free) chocolate chips, melted (or dark chocolate)
- 1 very ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, blend the butter and the eggs to make a smooth batter
- Add in the natural sweetener and the vanilla and mix well
- Add the salt, baking soda, and then SLOWLY add in the Cacao powder (cover top of mixer & bowl with a dish towel, or you will be dusted in cacao) (not a good look!) 🙂
- With a rubber spatula fold in the melted chocolate and banana.
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking dish with coconut oil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
There were no unhealthy fats, gluten or refined sugars harmed in the making! YUM!
~ Chef Lynda