PALEO SWEET POTATO PECAN PIE (grain, refined sugars and gluten FREE)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon raw organic honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons ice cold tap water
- 2 sweet potatoes, about 1.5 lbs
- 6 ounces full fat RAW milk or cream
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 1/2 – 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon raw organic honey or Maple Syrup
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
Wash your sweet potatoes whole and then pat dry. Poke a few holes in the skin with a fork.
Place potatoes on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes or until they are fork tender, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
While they are cooling, make the crust. Place all crust ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Once mixed you want to add in the ice water 1 tablespoon at a time and continue to mix until you get a nice dough that doesn’t stick to your hands, press crust into a pre-greased (with coconut oil), parchment paper lined 9 inch pan.
Remove the sweet potato skins and mash potatoes in a bowl, add milk or cream, banana, egg yolks, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, and salt and using a hand mixer mix well get a nice and smooth filling, spoon mixture into your pie crust spreading evenly.
Top with toasted chopped pecans and drizzle the 1 Tbsp of maple syrup over the top.
Bake in 350 preheated oven on a cookie sheet for 45-55 minutes or until the internal temperature of the filling is 160-180 degrees.